Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May Day

I know it's not May Day.  I know it's May 8, and I'm a week late with my monthly recap.

In my defense, I've been on a wild swing between this...


and this...


But y'all don't want to hear about work.  And even if you did, I'm not about to talk about it here.  You want to see funny pictures (check) and read about my weight loss, house, and life (read on).

New Years Resolutions

1. End the year lighter than I started it.  Check.  I lost 2.4 pounds last month.  Which may not seem like a lot, but it's moving in the right direction again - I lost weight all but one week in April.

2. Run a 10k.  Again, check. I did my first 5 mile run in April, which is the longest I've ever run, ever?  At least, the longest I've run in a while.  I'm also registered for a 5k in June, and I've mapped out the other races I want to do this summer.


April Goals

1. Stay on my 1/2 marathon training program.  More or less.   I mean, I didn't do every.single.workout.  But whatever, this is a lifestyle not a diet, right?  I can't always workout 6 times a week, and I'm not going to make myself feel guilty about that.  I'm getting stronger and faster, and that's what counts.

2. Read at least 1 book.  Nope.  Still plowing my way through Gilead.

3. Go for at least one hike.  Yes, I'm going to count the team building we did at work, because it was trail maintenance   Clearing rocks off of a hiking trail counts as a hike since I had to walk the whole trail to do it.

4. Get an estimate on flooring and figure out a plan for flooring + new doors.  Not exactly, but I'm still considering this a success.  We went and talked to the flooring guy and got samples.  Next step is to get someone to come to our house and measure.  But that whole process got overtaken by the doors.  My dad came down for a weekend to do the doors.  So we created a plan, and did part of it, even if it's not exactly what I planned at the beginning of the month.

May Goals

1. Stay on my 1/2 marathon training program.
2. Keep this losing streak going, and end May lighter than I started it.
3. Finish Gilead.  I will not be defeated by a 180 page book.

No house goals this month.  We've plowed our way mostly through our house budget, so we need to regroup and save some money.  We may get the doors completely done, but May is a crazy month between weddings, parties, and Mothers' Day, so I'm not going to feel bad if it doesn't get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment