Sunday, June 23, 2013

The experiment is over...

And Weight Watchers and I are back together.

I just couldn't make it a month without weighing myself.

So two weeks ago, I stepped back on the scale.  It was up a pound.  Then last week, I got on it again, it was up further.

Something was wrong.

During my scale-less experiment, I realized very quickly that it's easy to spiral out of control.  Even when I'm weighing in weekly, I can say, "I can have this, I have 4 (or 5 or 3 or whatever) days to make up for it."  But when it's monthly weighing, I have 2 or 3 weeks to make up for it.

So it was the same cycle I described when I decided to stop weekly weighing, but with a lot more time to gain.

I learned that changing up the schedule doesn't change up the cycle, and until I deal with the cycle, I really, really need the accountability of the scale.

So the next step is to actually do the hard work of dealing with the binge restrict cycle.  I have some book recommendations, but I need to pull the trigger on ordering them.  It's kind of scary.

Matt and I are going on vacation next week, so all of the self discovery is going to take a backseat to enjoying my family.  Weight Watchers can provide the structure I need to keeping a 10 day vacation from getting out of hand.  But when I get back, it'll be time to tackle this thing head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment