Monday, December 17, 2012

Before and During

Remember how I said we were moving?  And I promised to tell you about it? 

I didn't want to tempt fate or jinx it, but now that the deed is recorded, it's official.  Matt and I bought a house!

Our new home!
So, I wanted to do "Before and After" pictures of the inside of the house.  Don't get me wrong, I love my new house, but the seller and I have different, um, tastes in interior decorating.  But now that Matt and I are in there, I realized that if I wait to do "After" pictures, I'm going to be waiting a long time.  Turns out, owning a house is complicated.  And there's a lot to do.  And we're leaving for Alaska in less than a week.

What did we get ourselves into?

All kidding aside, the house is great.  As you can see from the pictures, everything we need to change is cosmetic.  Which we actually prefer, it means that we get to make the changes, instead of buying some flipped house where a contractor made all the changes.  But trust me, there will be some changes.

Bedroom

Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom

Master Bath (anyone need any hangers?)

Hall Bath

Family Room

Kitchen (My favorite part of the house)

Living Room (my second favorite part of the house, this is the view from the kitchen)

The nicest washer/dryer I've ever had

We decided to pack up our bags and spend the weekend there painting.  But first, the obligatory celebration dinner.

First dinner at the house
And then painting.

Color Board - it's hard to actually see colors on the bright green walls, so we used this

Spackle and Primer

More Primer

Finally, some color

Can you believe this is the same room?
Pictures of the master bedroom later...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Liz! So glad you've got a blog now, as I've been missing the ones that fizzled out once graduating College.

    I hope that I can get a visit in to SAC this upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pictures of the house. I was hoping for some. Congratulations! I love it.

    Also, Liz you look great!

    ReplyDelete