Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Surprise

Something strange happened on Wednesday.

I lost 1.6 pounds at my weigh in.  That's not the strange part, I kicked butt at Weight Watchers this week.  The strange part was that it wasn't the most exciting thing that happened to me that day.  And I'm only writing about it now.

Normally a loss like that (which got rid of my gain last week) would put me over the moon.


And I was happy, I really was.  But I had a bunch of other stuff to do.  And after my first cup of coffee, I'd moved onto some work stuff, and I totally forgot about the loss.

I'm not really sure how I feel about that.  I think good, because it means that I am actually taking my own advice to heart, and not basing my self worth on the number on the scale.  It's not that I'm not happy about losing, because trust me, I am, but it's one part of my life, not my whole life right now.  And that feels like a good place to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment