Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

I feel like a pretty bad natural resources planner for missing Earth Day.  I mean, natural resources and planner are in my job title.  Anyone that knows me should find it hilarious that I ended up with a label like planner.

In my defense, I missed Earth Day because I was busy in meetings talking about how to protect the earth.  I guess every day is Earth Day in my little world?

So as an apology, have a cupcake, courtesy of Bird on a Cake.


(recipe on her blog at the link)

Or I could take credit for being too early.  Matt and I made our way to the Sacramento Earth Day Celebration on Sunday, like the good Californians we are, stopping in after our weekly visit to the farmers' market. We're now inspired to really pursue a low-water front yard.  Not only is it a wise ecological choice, we're learning that grass really is a pain, and kind of boring for the amount of work that goes into keeping it looking nice.

I know it's really easy to get discouraged when you start paying attention to environmental issues.  This isn't a political blog, but it's an issue that's near and dear to my heart.  And every day, I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle to convince people that this is really important.  So it's nice to have a day when we all take a deep breath, and celebrate the earth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment