Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Liebster Awards!

Back in January, TK at Freak Out In Color, nominated me for a Liebster Award.  I'm just now getting around to it...

But thanks!

Freak Out In Color is one of my favorites, so it's worth checking out in the meantime.

Here goes...




How it works: Share eleven facts about yourself. Answer eleven questions from the person who gave you the award. Nominate eleven blogs and list eleven questions for them to answer.


Eleven Facts:

1.  In the last 10 years, I've lived in 5 states: Alaska, Oregon, Colorado, Virginia, and California.  6 if you count the 4 months I lived in New Mexico, and 2 countries, if you count the semester I lived in Ecuador.



2.  I was a competitive cross country skier in high school.

I know it's not from high school, or skiing, but it's me in the snow.
3.  I was also a competitive debater, in high school and college.

4. And I married a boy from the debate team.
Before
After
5.  The Oregon and Northern California Coasts are my two most favorite places.



6.  Even though I get terribly sea sick.


7. The Redwoods are a close second.


8.  My favorite food is spaghetti.  It's been spaghetti for as long as I can remember.

9.  I'm very claustrophobic.

10. My favorite movies are "The American President" and "The Princess Bride".



 

11. I have an irrational fear of vampires.  I have ever since a bat got into my grandparents' cabin when I was half way through "Dracula."


  


Taylor's Questions

1. What is your favorite thing about yourself?

I know it sounds conceited, but I like to think that I'm pretty smart.  I have nice blue eyes too.  Those are completely beyond my control, but I'll take credit for them anyway.

2. If you could visit any planet (besides Earth, obvi), where would you go?  Assuming you won't die due to atmospheric conditions.

Probably Saturn.


3. What's the earliest memory you have?

Picking apples at an orchard.  Not sure where, but it involved a hay ride, I think.

4.  What's your favorite color, and what do you think this says about you?

Purple, and I think it says I like purple.  I like most cool colors (I'm also a big fan of green and blue) but I've never really thought about why.

5. Have you ever broken a bone?  Tell us the story.

Nope.

6. Where do you want to be in five years?

Still in Sacramento.

7. If you had your choice between living forever, but never finding true love, or finding your soulmate but only living until age 50, which would you pick?

Soulmate, no question.

8. Who is your celebrity doppelganger?

Leslie Knope.

I don't actually look like her, but I kinda want to be her.  Does that count?

9. Who is on your "Freebie Five" list, IE the five celebrities you can bang without it being considered cheating?

This is a weird question considering my mother and mother in law read this blog.  I'm not going to go there.

10. What was your dream job when you were a little kid?

The normal - a doctor, an astronaut, a marine biologist.

For a brief moment, I wanted to live in rural Alaska and raise dog sled teams.


11. What is your biggest regret?

Honestly, I can't think of any big ones.  I guess that I didn't get my weight under control in high school, but writing it out makes it sound so serious, when I don't think it deserves this spot.

My Questions

1. If you could have any super power, what would it be?

2. What is your favorite TV show on right now?

3. What was your first pet's name?

4. What's the best book you read in the last year?

5. Spring or fall?

6. Something new you learned recently?

7. How do you relieve stress?

8.  What's your biggest pet peeve?

9. What's one thing you wish you could do that you can't?

10. What's your dream vacation?

11. What's one thing you can't leave the house without?

And finally, the nominated blogs:

1. The Cheesefries Stands Alone

2. Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher

3. Deliciously Incoherent

4. Life Deluxe

Um, I don't have any more that TK didn't already name.  We run in the same blogging circles.  So 4 will have to do.  If you want to nominate yourself, go ahead and do it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment