Monday, March 25, 2013

Stress


That was me a couple weeks ago.  Work was just a little crazy.  But when your boss's boss's boss's boss's boss (or someone up there) says that he's coming to town and he wants something done so he can sign it, it's going to get done.  I know Leslie would approve (or at least understand).

So now that I'm caught up on sleep, it's a good time to think about how I deal with stress.

True, but not a very WW-friendly way to deal with it.

Another solution, but it hurts.  Or at least concerns your coworkers.
The truth is, I'm a stress eater.  I crave carbs when I'm stressed.  And honestly?  They don't actually make me feel better, they just make me feel full and kind of sick.  I guess that takes my mind off the stress?

The worst part of stress eating for me is that it feels like a waste of points.  Because I love eating, and I love good food.  So I get kinda pissed at myself when I use up points stress eating on food I don't actually enjoy, and then I have to turn down food I actually want, and actually would enjoy.  It's just not worth it.

So this time, I tried to take a slightly healthier route for stress relief.  Here is a short list, add yours in the comments:
  1. Take a hot shower
  2. Go for a run
  3. Go for a walk
  4. Drink a cup of coffee or tea
  5. Yoga
  6. Read a book
  7. Veg out in front of the TV and knit

No comments:

Post a Comment