Sunday, March 31, 2013

April Come She Will

April come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain

Is March seriously over?

Well, I guess it's time for a monthly recap, isn't it?

New Years Resolutions

1. End the year lighter than I started it.  On track, kind of.  I did gain, but I still weigh less than I did on Jan. 1.  Plus I've got a plan to turn that around, which I'll blog about soon.  So I'm gonna count that as a success.

2. Run a 10k.  I ran a 5k on Saturday, so I'm on track with training.  Another success!

March Goals

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm only 1 for 4...


1. Stay on the 10k/half marathon training program.  Yes, I did that.  I've done two 4 mile runs, and a 5k on Saturday.


2. Read at least one book.  Nope.  I'm about 100 pages into my current book, Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.  Until about 50 pages, I was ready to give up.  Now I'm pushing through, because it is good, but it's not a light read by any means.

3. Finish painting the house.  Nope.  We are so close.  So, so close.  But not quite close enough that I can check this off my list.  The living room is completely primed and one of the walls is done.  We need to do the other three in a different color.  Should be done this week (fingers crossed).  I promise there will be pictures later this week or early next.

4. Go for at least one hike.  Nope.  The front yard took over our weekends this month, and I saved this one for the last minute, and planned a hike for March 31.  But my plans were foiled by a thunderstorm forecast and the fact that I had to pick between painting and hiking.  I thought about counting my 5k as a hike, but that felt like cheating.

April Goals

This is gonna look similar...

1. Stay on my 1/2 marathon training program.
2. Read at least one book (this can include finishing Gilead).
3. Go for at least one hike.
4. Get and estimate on the flooring and figure out a plan for flooring + new doors.  Part of this is up in the air depending on how much new floors are going to cost and a family member's travel plans, but I'd like to make some noticeable progress, even if it's just putting a concrete plan together.

No comments:

Post a Comment