Saturday, March 30, 2013

Veggie Chase 5k Recap

My blog is about vegging out.  So when I saw a 5k called the Veggie Chase, it sounded like fate.  Fate I tell you.  Also, it worked into my training schedule and I hadn't done a 5k since November, so there's that too.

So I got up at the crack of dawn and trekked down to Elk Grove.

Obligatory pre-race picture
Okay, Elk Grove is only about 7 miles from my house, but it felt early.

The course itself was pretty straightforward.  Nice and flat, mostly in the park and adjoining high school, with a little jaunt into a neighborhood, which was fun because the neighbors came out to cheer.  I'd do a mile-by-mile, but there's not very much variation in a 3.1 mile, flat course.  But the highlight was that my pace was 12:31, which put me finishing within 10 seconds of my time in the Davis Turkey Trot in November.  So I didn't lose any ground over the winter, and I'm in a good place to start this season.

So 5 kilometers, and 38:53 later, I was done!


No comments:

Post a Comment