Saturday, March 2, 2013

In Like a Lion?

It's March!  Which is soooooo much easier to spell than February.  So that alone makes me happy.

Other things about March that make me happy?

1. It's 70 degrees today.  So much for March coming in like a lion.  But it means that I actually need to get started on yard work, I need to get some grass seed planted so we stop being "those" neighbors.

2. Daylight Savings time starts this month.  I love waking up to sunshine.

New Years Resolutions Updates:

1. End the year lighter than I started it - Down 8.4 pounds from Jan 2, which is 1.8 pounds for the month of February.  Considering I had a vacation, and a vacation-sized gain in there, I'm pretty happy to end the month down.

2. Run a 10k - so I really, really meant to start training this month.  I'm actually now training for a half marathon next January, so I'm working on fitting a 10k into that training.  But I got hit hard by a head cold and it totally threw me off.  So I stayed active this month, but didn't make any major progress on my running.


February Goals:

1. Start and stay on the Hal Higdon Novice 10k program. - Well, I started it.  Then I went on vacation, then I got a massive head cold, so I can't really say that I stayed on it.  Oh well, there's always next month.

2. Read at least 1 book. - Check, I finished Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver.  I really can't recommend this book enough, especially if you're like me and work in environmental issues.  Or even if you don't, because although it's kind of about global warming, it's more about the characters.  It's very Barbara Kingsolver.



3. Finish painting my house - nope, still have one room left.  But only 1 room!  Which is awesome!

4. Go on at least 1 hike - check, check, and check.  We made a point to be active during our Palm Springs Trip.




5. Learn to spell February - kind of?  In my all emails, I just said Feb.  So at least I learned to fake it?

March Goals

1. Stay on the 10k/half marathon training program - yes, you read that right.  A friend in Palm Springs discovered my weakness - after 2 margaritas, I'll agree to do just about anything.  Including the Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disney Land in January.  So now I'm training for that.

2. Read at least one book.

3. Finish painting the house.  At this point, if I don't, I'll just have to learn to live with the 1990s-style brown, and I'm not willing to do that.

4. Go for at least one hike.

And that's that.  Like I said, it's 70 degrees today, so I'm going out to my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment